Thursday, May 1, 2014

Miss USA 2014: Amadeuz' Pre-Arrival List

Text and graphics by Amadeuz*


1. Nevada: Fiercely sweet, Miss Universe is written all over her! She has a very marketable look. Whatever task you throw at her, sweet or sexy, she's going to nail it. Talk about versatility! And from what I've seen so far, she just keeps on getting better and she has yet to disappoint me. I think we have a solid Top 5 material and possible winner here, woot!


2. Alabama: Easily one of the best in terms of face value! Her facial features are delicately crafted to perfection making her an early front runner based on beauty alone. But the goods doesn't stop there. She looks timid, reserved and soft-natured but she talks with so much conviction and she always gives intelligent answers in her interviews.


3. California: Way too underrated! It's frustrating that not a lot are acknowledging this girl's potential. She's even severely bashed. I know she's not the typical skinny b*tch we've been used to praising but she's a big and tall girl with shapely curves. So stop sleeping on this chick because she's a strong candidate. Her face has a tendency to look plump but once she gets the right technique to work it, trust me it's going to be a killer. Her beauty gives me supermodel Nikki Taylor vibes and that's a huge compliment because Nikki is so fine. I'm not giving up on her, I have faith that she's going to surprised many.


4. Florida: She's living up to the hype. Yes, I agree that she has some "irk" moments but we all have bad days. To me, she's so ready and polished, she makes other girls look amateur next to her. I don't even have a single ounce of doubt that she's going to perform to the best of her abilities. And I don't think the transitioning from a model to a pageant queen would be a hurdle since this girl is a pro in showcasing her assets.


5. South Carolina: Yup she's all that so halt the hate because this girl is f*cking fierce!!! It's not for nothing that she's a Ford model so don't count her out due to some unflattering candids. And you have to understand that this girl is not just about "the face". She belongs on the stage and once she starts moving and projecting, you'll see her worth. She's tall, confident and her stage presence is overpowering. I mean look at her frame, she screams QUEEN from head to toe so watch out.


6. Tennessee: My pre-arrival sentimental favorite! Her styling is a bit outdated as she tends to look like a stuck up 80's queen but I just have a thing for girls with "bitch-I-know-I'm-fabulous-so-praise-me" vibe. But seriously, I'm sure she's nice but she really has this diva look that I love. Is she relatable enough as a Miss though? I'm not so sure because she tends to look rehearsed and manufactured at times. But beauty wise, I'm living for her.


7. Michigan: She's so dreamy and her charm is infectious so I vote YES, this girl is smoking hot! From her naturally pretty hair, mesmerizing eyes to her sweet smile, everything is just gorgeous. She's young and a newcomer but she has it in her to pull an Olivia Culpo finish. She looks tiny next to other girls but 5'7 sounds alright to me when you're this pretty.


8. Georgia: Oozing with charisma! I'm not going to lie, when she won, I made a meme-worthy face lol. I thought she was atrocious but her latest improvements are tremendous. She's so much prettier and sexier now. She's so regal and stylish too. She just keeps on improving so I'm betting that the best is yet to come for this girl. Keep it up!


9. Maryland: She gave us some of the most stunning promotional pictures. I love her sultriness in glam shots but her candids are not as impressive. Her nose is odd at certain angles and she always has this uninterested, vacant look. I like her beauty but I'm starting to lose my excitement. I'm concerned that she might be lacking the personality because she looks so cold and uptight. I wish she would open up more for her inner beauty to shine through.


10. Minnesota: She's totally up for revenge! I freaking adore this chick's attitude. She looks cool and fun to be around. I love how she's so spontaneous in her interviews. It's evident that she's not trying hard to impress by putting a fake persona. She's so real and sassy without being nasty. Definitely a total package -beauty, brains and an awesome personality.


11. North Dakota: I'm not jumping on the bandwagon just yet. While I admire her humility and drive to secure a much anticipated placement for her state, I find the shape of her face too wide and hard on the edges. Sorry but she looks masculine sometimes. On a positive note, she's been looking super soft in the face lately so II'll give her props to that. She looks so much sexier and younger now but we'll see if she can maintain it.


12. Indiana: I'm warning you about this girl. She has a very likable face, great eyes and smile. Although she's a let down in candids most of the time, she comes alive with the right clothes and makeup. Just like during her crowning, her styling was on point and I thought I was looking at a heavier Stacey Juris. But then it went downhill from there. I know she can recover quickly but she needs to be ON all the time. She cannot afford to be inconsistent at this game or else other girls will overtake her. I hope she fires back when the right time comes.


13. Louisiana: Lucky for her, the crowd will be in her favor but to me she's nothing special. She's bland and she looks old. It's obvious that she's pageant ready but I can't get past the housewife vibe. Her professional pictures are WOW, now if she can look like that all the time then a Top 15 finish is reasonable. As of now, I'm not sold on her but I won't underestimate her.


14. Hawaii: Spoiler alert! She's mostly unnoticed because her beauty is nothing out of this world. But this girl is feisty and she's got spunk so I personally believe she has a strong shot at placing. I can picture her in my head setting the stage on fire with that killer body. Plus she has great sense of style too so I'm expecting her to look on point in the competition so watch out for her.


15. Illinois: I need more excitement from her, more spice. Most of the time, she looks cutesy instead of queenly and her style is dampy. It's unfortunate because I find her pretty. She's not the typical head turner but she has the Julianne Hough kind of appeal that grows on you. She comes alive upon closer inspection. And she's an actress and a dancer so she must know a lot about grace and fluidity of movement on stage.


16. Alaska: Strongest representative from this state in a while. Judging from her outward appearance, she has IT! She's very easy on the eyes and she has the competitive aura to rise above the challenges. But let's be honest, sash is going to play a huge factor in this competition so I think Kendall should double triple her efforts on stage to leave a strong mark to secure a placement for her state. Plan an effective attack strategy, amp up the style game, produce a strong prelim performance and make sure the judges remember you.

Special Mention:

Maine: Sometimes I see a younger Tereza Fajksova only with bulbous nose and fuller lip. I like her face and I find her quite charming. She sounds like a down-to-earth person too. But she's too raw and she's out of shape! She will be up against polished and experienced queens so she needs to get fit ASAP. Right now, I think her chances are slim to none but her beauty could be a saving grace.


*Amadeuz is a Pageant Expert of Missosology forum. He's also my most favorite among the tag holders.

0 comments:

Post a Comment